All performances of Acquist have now SOLD OUT!
See below for important audience information for ticket holders.
Newcastle’s renowned professional contemporary dance company Catapult Choreographic Hub are working towards a new site-specific commission to be performed in the iconic Civic Park Fountain.
Catapult will create a new performance for the fountain, making use of its striking architecture and exploring the same themes as the fountain itself – Newcastle’s unique balance of beautiful natural environment and history as an industrial city.
Important audience information
- Please note this is an open-air performance. Audiences are advised to consider the weather when preparing for the event, including cool and comfortable clothing, and waterproof jacket or protection if there has been rain. Please note that umbrellas should not be used in the seated area.
- Seating will be bleacher style to ensure all seats are able to see the performance. Please contact email@example.com if you have access needs and wish to be seated on the ground level. Acquist is operating under the Public Health Order advice regarding designated seating areas and is a COVID Safe event.
- This performance is site-specific and located in Civic Park. Please note there are no toilets available within the event site. The nearest toilets are the public toilets in Civic Park, or the Civic Theatre.
- This is an all ages, alcohol free event. Audiences are invited to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages to consume. The Civic Bar will be open before the performance for those wishing to extend their visit, featuring a local DJ.
- This performance may be affected by extreme weather, including high winds. Please ensure you monitor pre-show communications via the New Annual website, New Annual Facebook festival event on the day of the performance in case of any change to the program. Please note the Civic Theatre Box Office is closed at some points over the weekend. Please note ticket holders will only be contacted if there are changes to the event.
- In the event that the performance is cancelled, full refunds will be automatically processed for all ticket holders from the Civic Theatre Box Office from Monday 22 February. As all performances are currently at capacity, we will not be able to offer transfers.
- Street parking in the area is limited, we encourage all audience members to take public transport where possible. The nearest light rail station is Civic.
- This performance may be filmed and photographed.
- We look forward to welcoming you to this very special performance experience.